Work Gloves For Safety and Protection
To help maintain a safer workplace environment and to help protect your hands BestValueSupply has included a complete line of top quality Kevlar work gloves, cut resistant gloves, disposable latex gloves, latex exam gloves, disposable nitrile gloves, non latex,latex free gloves, chemical resistant gloves, leather work gloves, cleanroom inspection gloves, coated seamless knit gloves, seamless knit and fingerless knit gloves, cleanroom long length latex gloves, cleanroom nitrile gloves and cleanroom vinyl gloves.
It has been estimated that almost 20% of all disabling accidents on the job involve the hands and many infections are spread by the hands. Without the use of your fingers or hands, your ability to work would be greatly reduced. Human hands are unique. No other creature in the world has hands that can grasp, hold, move, and manipulate objects like human hands. They are one of your greatest assets. And, as such, must be protected and cared for against all injuries.
Types of potential hand injuries:
- Tools and machines with sharp edges that can cut your hands
- Staples, screwdrivers, nails, chisels, and stiff wire can puncture your hands
- Getting your hands caught in machinery can sprain, crush your hands and fingers
- Coming into contact with caustic or toxic chemicals, biological substances, electrical sources, or extremely cold or hot objects can irritate or burn your hands. ( Toxic substances are poisonous substances that can be absorbed through your skin and enter your body.)
- potential infectious germs, bacteria and virus
POINT OF INTEREST
Medical gloves were originally created by Goodyear Rubber. In 1890 at the request of Dr. William Halstead for his or charge nurse who had severe dermatitis from the disinfectants hospitals used. These first gloves were thick robber gloves with cuffs that were boiled between uses. Medical gloves now play a key role for infection control and caregiver protection.
How To Measure Your Hand for the proper fit: With your hand flat, measure around your knuckles-do not include your thumb Measurement (inches)
- 6" - 7" XS
- 7" - 8" S
- 8" - 9" M
- 9" - 10" L
- 10" - 11" XL
- 11" - 12" XXL
Some suggestions for the proper use and care of gloves.
- Select gloves that fit
- Some gloves may be chemical specific and have a life expectancy. Discard them after the recommended time has expired
- Remove any rings, watches, or bracelets that might cut or tear your gloves
- Wash your hands before and after wearing your gloves
- Inspect your gloves before you use them. Look for holes and cracks that might leak
- Replace gloves that are worn or torn
- After working with chemicals, hold your gloved hands under running water to rinse away any chemicals or dirt before removing the gloves
- Wash cotton gloves as needed
- Avoid borrowing gloves. Gloves are personal protective equipment
- Store gloves right side out in a clean, cool, dry, ventilated area
- Never wear gloves around powered rotating equipment - drills, lathes, etc
The Basics To Selection and use of the right kind of glove for the job.
Industrial work gloves are available in a wide variety of materials, patterns and sizes with different styles of cuffs. Here are some suggestions on how to select the best work glove for your needs. Metal mesh such as Kevlar work gloves that are Cut Resistant to sharp edges and prevent cuts. Leather palm work gloves, Mechanics work gloves and anti vibration gloves shield your hands from rough surfaces, sharp edges, slivers, dirt, and vibration.
Leather palm work gloves come in several grades and qualities. Vinyl coated,vinyl disposable and neoprene gloves protect your hands against toxic chemicals. Rubber gloves protect you when working around electricity. Padded cloth gloves . Protect your hands from sharp edges, slivers, dirt, and vibration. Brown jersey work gloves and Cotton Work Gloves are used for the everyday tasks and usually are the best for protecting your hands from slivers and dirt. Hot mill and some double leather palm or cotton gloves can also protect from low level heat. Heat resistant leather welding gloves . Protect your hands from heat and flames. Latex disposable long length gloves, Latex exam gloves, Nitrile disposable gloves, Vinyl disposable gloves are used to protect your hands from germs and bacteria and contamination, and are used in cleanrooms, industrial and medical areas. Lead-lined gloves are used to protect your hands from radiation sources. Cleanroom and Inspection Gloves are
used for the protection of products from oils in the skin Knit seamless coated or Knit Seamless and Fingerless non coated work gloves are generally more comfortable than canvas gloves.
Buy Work Gloves, Kevlar Gloves, Latex Exam, Leather Palm. Canvas Cotton, PVC Dot Gloves here.
Quality-Service-Satisfaction-Value at BestValueSupply